PC Postage is third-party USPS-approved software mailers use to purchase and print postage using a computer. Domestic mail with labels prepared using PC Postage can be deposited in USPS collection boxes or at local Post Offices. Many customers opt for PC Postage to save time at the Post Office. These options are attractive to customers who send high volumes of mail or packages. Endicia.com and Stamps.com offer customers the ability to print pre-paid labels for letters, envelopes, and packages with address verification. Pitney Bowes offers customers the ability to print postage for packages and envelopes from their computer.
Who should use PC Postage?
PC Postage is ideal for customers who need more detailed mailing solutions. It is intended for those who send packages as well as letters and want quick access to postage. Many users of PC Postage included home-based businesses and individuals who want convenient mailing solutions in their own home.
PC Postage is ideal for customers who:
- Ship high volumes of mail
- Frequently ship packages
- Ship both packages and letters
Additionally, customers should consider the services included before deciding to use PC Postage. PC Postage eligible services are:
- Domestic First-Class Mail
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
- USPS Retail Ground
- International Mail and Parcels
- Presorted First-Class Mail
PC Postage Price Incentives
- Save 5% off retail prices on Priority Mail Express items
- Save up to 11% off retail prices on all Priority Mail shipments (amount depends on weight and distance)
- Save up to 5% on International Priority Mail shipping
- Savings available for First-Class Mail letters entered at retail as Metered Mail
Keep in mind these benefits are common to PC Postage but may need to be verified with your specific PC Postage vendor.
Benefits of PC Postage
PC Postage has additional features including printing variable prices, integration with scales, integration with related online applications, and postage expense reports.
These benefits allow customers to limit trips to the Post Office, access personalized postage, access to online price incentives for expedited and international labels, and the ability to print mail and package labels from a central location.
ePostage: An Alternative Option
ePostage is a new USPS payment option for electronic postage. ePostage is used to ship Priority Mail, Priority Mail express, First-Class Package Service-COmmercial, Bound Printed Matter, Media Mail, and Parcel Select Barcoded Nonpresort mail. Many of the largest online retailers opt to use this payment method.
Some benefits of this option include:
- Payments sent from one central e-retailer account instead of numerous merchants of the e-retailer. This reduces costs by streamlining payments to USPS.
- The label includes a permit that specifies mail was sent using ePostage
- The steps to mail and receive ePostage items are the same as PC Postage